11 days ago
What does being a Rigger Artist at Ludia look like ?
The Rigger Artist is in charge of creating armatures to animate and deform characters, accessories and parts of environments in mobile games.
- Create 3D rigs for different types of objects and characters;
- Deliver work within the allotted time;
- Perform rig maintenance and fixes during game production;
- Establish and manage pipeline-friendly standards for rigs;
- Develop techniques to overcome deformation challenges;
- Collaborate with modeling and animation departments to facilitate realistic appealing characters;
- Advise modeling teams on suitability of models for rigging and any changes needed;
- Work with Leads and Animators to develop and integrate tools into a pipeline;
- Collaborate with the team to continue to develop internal rigging framework.
What we're looking for :
- Graphic design, 3D animation or visual effects diploma with a specialization in Rigging
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a rigging artist
- Excellent knowledge of 3DMax and scripting
- Excellent knowledge of Maya software and Python scripting are a plus
- Experience with 3D modeling and animation systems
- Good understanding of anatomy, structure, dynamics and character motion
- Excellent understanding of the entire visual effects process, from modeling to texturing, animation and rendering
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Cause we take good care of our Ludians !
- A 100% flex environnement : from your home, from our offices in the center of the Old Montréal, or in a hybrid mode;
- Flexible hours;
- Social events to connect;
- Healthy breakfast, coffee and tea, and offered lunch;
- Access to our Gym and to its in person and virtual classes starting on your first day;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- An impressive health plan and virtual medical assistance available 24h/24h;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
Ready to unleash your potential?
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
At Ludia we welcome, support and celebrate diversity. We are committed to providing an environment that fosters inclusion and respect for all. We thus encourage women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a disability and or part of any marginalized group to apply for our positions.
Founded in Montreal in 2007, Ludia is one of Canada's leading mobile video game studios. "Creating games that touch people" is what drives us every day! And we work hard at it by continuing to innovate and aim higher every day, without forgetting to have fun while doing it! Named Montreal Top Employer 2021, here you will always have a place to express and grow ideas, to have a real impact on projects but also to feed yourself with the sharing of cultures, visions and expertise.
Our games :
For us, mobile is a real opening to the future, an incredible growth potential and stimulating technological challenges to take up. It's the perfect answer to our ambition to "touch people" and anchor ourselves in everyday life. Match 3, Geolocation, Narrative Game, Builder, our portfolio includes diverse and high quality games that leverage world-renowned brands such as; Jurassic World™: Alive, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Dungeons & Dragons™, Dragons: Titan Uprising, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, and many more to come, not to mention our very own IP Lovelink!
Flexibility at heart :
Flexibility at Ludia, it's lived 100%. Whether you want to enjoy the creative excitement of our beautifully remodeled offices in Old Montreal, prefer the comfort of your own home anywhere in Quebec, or like the idea of having the best of both worlds in hybrid mode, it's up to you! Our Flex program is 100% flexible from day to day. A great freedom for your daily well-being!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.