Malmö Skåne County se
9 days ago
We are looking for a Rigger / Character Technical Animator to join one of our exciting projects. This is an opportunity if you want to be part of a friendly and passionate team.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV, demo reel and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Helping establish and maintain production workflows and validation processes between departments
- Supporting the character art team on a day-to-day basis with character related tools and proactive suggestions for improvement of workflows
- Maintaining and pushing quality and look of the characters through scalable solutions with a long-term perspective
- Helping support and mentor less experienced riggers
- Frequent communication with animators, technical artists, artists, level designers and programmers to understand needs
- Documenting and continuously developing best practices
- Evaluation of memory and performance cost of character assets
You as a person
An eye for quality and a true focus on how we can push the overall and immersive feel of our games through next level tools, workflows and pipelines. You thrive when you find efficient development solution to a challenge, and that shows in your creative and innovative approach to game development; all with a focus on results and improving efficiency for yourself and your team. You always see the larger scope of the development, and proactively come up with creative solutions as how to improve all of our workflows. You're aware that a game is a collaborative endeavor, and you enjoy collaborating with your peers to find the best solutions to the challenge. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Understands Character pipelines from modelling to rigging to animation
- Shipped at least two AAA games
- Creature rigging experience a plus
- Relevant portfolio/demo reel is required
- In-depth knowledge of Maya a plus
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, pleasecheck-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.