This job might no longer be available.
1 month ago
As a Rigger (Maya) at Ubi Qc, you make it possible for characters and objects to come to life and move realistically within our worlds.
From pivoting to bending, squashing and stretching, you define what can be done and how through flexible and intuitive rigs. You take inspiration from the real world when you can – and turn to your imagination when you can’t. With a variety of internal tools at your disposal, you can focus on achieving quality and consistency without having to build everything from the ground up time after time.
What you’ll do
- Design complex, highly-versatile deformation systems for characters, creatures and assets in Maya.
- Work closely with interdependent teams to create optimized rigs that fully address the project’s needs and motion-related limitations, as identified by department leads.
- Find creative solutions to streamline the character creation workflow.
- Contribute to the elaboration of our Maya pipeline and in-house tools for the rigging department.
- Work with the team to the create and maintain the library of rig modules shared by all riggers.
- Troubleshoot and support the modelers, animators and other departments to ensure meeting the project’s quality standards.
- Apply and simulate cloth, hair and secondary motion set-ups in game engine using our in-house systems.
- Work with technical artists and programmers to investigate for tool improvements.
- Cultivate deep knowledge and skills in the latest technologies of the industry to bring innovation and enrich new pipelines and future tech.
- Rig and skin assets following best practices (naming convention, selection sets in the master scenes, etc.)
- Iterate to improve your work based on feedback from interdependent teams.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints with the help of technical directors.
What you bring
- A degree in 3D Animation or equivalent (or related training)
- Around 3-5 years of experience in rigging
- Expert knowledge of Maya and familiarity with python scripting
- Expert knowledge of character deformation and anatomies
- Knowledge of other 3D softwares a plus (MotionBuilder, 3Ds Max, etc)
- Experience with animation asset delivery pipelines
- Excellent observation, problem-solving, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A positive and creative force in the team
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
* Knowledge of game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal), a plus
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
- A demo reel with a breakdown of your best work – seriously, show us your process! Attach samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Have access to benefits that make a real difference in your day-to-day life :
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.
*Please note that the response time and analysis of applications will be longer from December 20, 2021 to January 17, 2022 due to the holidays. Please be assured that your application will be considered and that a member of the recruitment team will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you and happy holidays.
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and they have just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.