Bordeaux Nouvelle-Aquitaine fr
7 days ago
The rigger will bridge needs between the modellers and animators to maximize efficiency of rigging (joints/bones) and skinning (skin and clothes meshing), and work in close collaboration with the technical director to create tools that the animators will need.
The main and routine tasks of the rigger are to:
- Based on the models provided by character modelers, carry out character rigging and skinning to meet the needs of the project’s animators, technical directors and art directors;
- Adjust the skeleton whenever necessary;
- Create and use tools to increase animation quality and effectiveness, and incorporate them into the project’s game engine through close collaboration with the animation TD while being able to assess the relevance of tool implementation;
- Coach modelers on ways to adapt their work to better suit the animation and the art director’s vision;
- Configure the ragdolls (procedural animations with physics engine);
- Suggest in-game softbody configurations and resolve any issues that may arise by recommending solutions that ensure realistic animated movement;
- Help determine expectations with the art director by demonstrating tangible impacts of his vision and/or vision changes;
- Ensure good use of project’s naming convention and create selection sets in master scenes to facilitate the animators’ work;
- Ensure that rigging/skinning final results meets the project’s artistic standards;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- 3-5 years’ experience in video game modelling and/or animation or other relevant experience.
- Sense of aesthetics;
- User focus;
- Ability to quickly adapt to change;
- Knowledge of the game pipeline;
- Extensive anatomical knowledge;
- Knowledge of controllers and/or Max Script and/or Python and/or Motion Builder;
- Knowledge of IK, and optimal pivot point emplacements;
- Extensive knowledge of Character Studio/biped;
- Basic knowledge of animation and modelling.
- Evolve in a leading group in the French video game industry represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
Opened in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux is a French AAA Studio responsible for games such as Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Beyond Good & Evil, Steep and the Rabbids. Ubisoft Bordeaux already has more than 200 employees and works with the studios of Annecy, Montpellier and Paris.
In one of the most beautiful regions of France, less than an hour from the ocean and in the heart of the vineyards, the Ubisoft Bordeaux Studio is the ideal place to combine a demanding, creative and international work environment while enjoying an exceptional set of life.
If you like working in a stimulating, international and friendly environment, come join us and become a pioneer of this new studio!