Senior Revenue Strategist - League of Legends (Gaming Monetization)
Los Angeles, California, United States
21 days ago
The Strategic Advisory department empowers Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Senior Revenue Strategist for the Player Immersion & Expression (PIE) initiative on League of Legends , you will drive strategies and designs around League’s game revenue products, including skins, event passes, loot, and rewards. This includes new product/feature ideation and development, optimizing distribution and pricing methods, designing the player monetization journey, and determining market sizing for new opportunities. You will work closely with producers to improve our portfolio and ensure players have a positive experience engaging with it. You will report directly into the Manager, Strategic Advisory for PIE.
- Partner with producers to meet player needs for personalization content, strengthen the revenue health of League of Legends, and drive towards player-focused monetization strategies
- Identify, prioritize, investigate, and propose player and/or revenue opportunities for League
- Conduct competitive analysis, distill gaming industry trends, and determine applicability to League of Legends player base
- Collaborate with Insights analysts and researchers to develop product recommendations and inform new opportunities through data-informed approaches
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams (engineers, artists, etc.) to ship products to players
- Mentor and oversee craft standards of other Revenue Strategy individuals on the team
- 5+ years experience in business strategy, management consulting, revenue strategy, pricing strategy, data analytics, or related experience
- 2+ years working on monetization products in gaming with experience of shipping monetization features to players
- 2+ years experience in data analysis, modeling, and data visualization
- Experience leading complex efforts with multiple collaborators and stakeholders involved
- Proficient in analytical tools, such as SQL, Tableau, Excel
- Experience working with cross department teams (e.g. artists, engineers) on consumer-facing products, driving end-to-end efforts to launch new products or distribution systems, from ideation all the way through to post-launch iterations
- Experience with mentoring craft skills or with people management
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).