Revenue Project Accountant
18 days ago
Responsible for setting the group accounting policies for revenue, working with the platform team in defining billing requirements, the data collection rules and other regulatory requirements of different revenue streams globally, building up the procedure of revenue recognition calculation, booking, reporting and ensuring the compliance under relevant accounting standards; and being the subject expert of Revenue, maintain revenue recognition policy and carry out monthly revenue accounting practice and report.
The role will also have commercial aspects in supporting contract/deal reviews and setting up the revenue and relevant costs projections, as well as indirect tax reporting associated with revenue.
The role will manage the full-cycle revenue accounting from policy setup, reconciliation of receipt and revenue, monthly revenue booking and reporting, revenue disclosure in Financial statements.
In Revenue Project stage, the main tasks include:
- Understand different revenue streams of the group and define the key control process and data requirement for revenue accounting;
- Work with the platform team/publishing team in identifying the regulatory requirements of revenue streams in different jurisdictions, automating the billing process and defining the key data/statement framework;
- Review different products and products combination and propose appropriate allocation of revenue, pricing etc;
- Establish the group’s revenue policies under relevant accounting standards;
- Set up revenue recognition procedures and booking/reporting practices;
- Contribute to the revenue system as part of ERP implementation;
- Being the subject matter expert and provide financial advice on any internal projects that have an impact on revenue recognition;
In Revenue Generation stage, the main tasks include:
- Manage revenue recognition procedure on monthly basis and produce monthly journals/bookings in Finance System;
- Ensure robust internal control for revenue booking and review procedure;
- Ensure technical standards and accounting compliance in line with relevant accounting standards;
- Review and monitor the revenue data and ensure data integrity of player data and financial data on the platform;
- Lead the group reporting of revenue related KPI metrices and produce daily/weekly/monthly revenue reports as per business needs;
- Liaise with external audit for revenue audit process;
- You are ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified;
- You have experiences in revenue accounting, experiences in overseeing revenue process is a plus;
- Your revenue accounting exposure in the gaming industry, or using gaming platforms;
- Your commercial/contract involvement or revenue project experiences will be helpful in the role;
- You have analytical skills;
- You have attention to details;
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our Global Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited coaching & therapy — with Oliva, to support your mental health
- £500 annual Learning Budget — to spend on Learnerbly
- Stock Options — everyone owns a piece of our success
- Compassionate Leave — regardless of who it is, whether you’ve miscarried, or a lost a pet, you don’t need to tell us why
- Birthday Present — £150 voucher or a charity donation
- Birthday Day off — to celebrate your birthday away from work each year
- Caregiver Leave — up to 5 days each year to support your loved ones
- New baby gift — £250 toward a meal delivery or cleaning service
- Remote Working Budget – for remote workers to get out of the house
- Pension scheme — to finance those golden years
- Socials —office & remote events, play sessions and company-wide parties
- And even more benefits based on your location!
If you’re based in the UK
- 29 Annual Leave + 3 bank holidays - we’re flexible with most bank holidays so you can use the time to celebrate what’s important to you
- Long Service Days - 2 extra days added on your 2nd & 4th anniversaries with us.
- Private Medical Insurance - full cover with AXA
- Healthcare Cash Plan - Level 3 cover with Medicash
- Enhanced Family Leave - Primary caregivers; 13 weeks full pay, 13 weeks half pay, Secondary caregivers; 2 weeks full pay
- Cycle2Work Scheme - lease a bike through us and save on tax too!
- Electric Car Charging - electric car charging at our Port office in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh and Budapest and are happy to sponsor your relocation to one of these cities.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.