Senior Analyst - Game Revenue
4 months ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
A senior analyst within our Games Revenue division at Skillz would provide expert analysis and insights to identify commercial opportunities for some of our biggest games. The insights that are developed will drive initiatives that support millions of dollars of revenue including but not limited to: identifying player & competitive insights to drive appropriate marketing, pricing, and product strategies to increase engagement, and designing, launching and measuring new gameplay features. You will have the opportunity to develop and build your own models and dashboards, present findings to senior leadership, and see the impact of your recommendations after they are immediately executed in-market. A successful candidate will possess exceptional quantitative skills, an orientation towards goals, and comfort communicating with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive highly visible strategic projects, collaborating cross-functionally to structure problems, understand opportunities, and develop solutions
- Own key areas of the business front-to-end, including execution and follow-through on initiatives
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior executives and other stakeholders
- Support our understanding of customer behaviors and life cycles, such as user engagement, conversion, and churn
- Design, develop, and share reports and dashboards used by the entire company every day
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Minimum 4 years experience
- Inquisitive mindset with a bachelor’s degree in economics, business, finance, engineering, or mathematics preferred
- Comfort with large data sets; highly skilled in Excel with experience manipulating, analyzing, and presenting data driven insights
- Outstanding communication, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical and business teams
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing and applying appropriate frameworks or techniques
- Professional experience using SQL and data visualization platforms is a plus