21 days ago
Revenue Analyst | Analytics | London | Permanent
We’re Hutch Games, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Hutch is looking for an experienced Revenue Analyst to join the team in London. You will be our only dedicated Financial Analyst. We’re looking for a proactive individual who will enjoy the challenge of working with multiple teams on both game and financial analysis. This is an opportunity to bring in your knowledge of reporting and financial modelling to completely level up how we approach these tasks. You will be given the freedom to build out processes and systems that allow us to be efficient and effective, perhaps even looking into the automation of tasks.
You should be a data-driven person that obsesses about details. You should also be a great collaborator and communicator, with the ability to explain complex data and concepts to other people. This position has a mixture of operational and project-based finance responsibilities. You’ll Sit within the Finance team, working closely with Growth & Insight, Performance Marketing and various Game teams to analyse and oﬀer predictions for our existing and in-development games.
The Revenue Analyst will report to the Financial Controller. You will own the responsibility for the forecasts, work on financial modelling and revenue reporting; forecasting plus any ad hoc financial analysis when required.
- Prepare financial modelling that meets the needs of the business, taking into account various dependencies in order to deliver accurate forecasts in relation to revenue, marketing spend and EBITDA
- Own the responsibility of forecasting including, revenues for our current games as well as back catalogue (and up-and-coming releases), incorporating an understanding of market dynamics, business trends, seasonality and competitive landscape, including new content and feature updates, providing insight on the financial impact
- Gain a deep understanding of the business, our games and the free to play gaming model including the various dependencies such as; retention, conversion, liveOps, seasonality etc.
- Review and forecast marketing performance against ROAS targets, providing robust analysis that allows risk to be established and decisions to be made in relation to future spend
- Prepare a monthly reporting package that includes comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, analysis of key business trends, and actual versus forecast variance analysis encompassing proactive commentary on business performance
- Work in a highly impactful role at a games studio that values data, through collaboration with the game teams to analyse data and enable them to make data-driven decisions
- You’ll estimate the impact and prioritise diﬀerent initiatives such as (retargeting/reactivation, CRM, churn prediction, Ad LTV modelling)
- Create models to predict word-of-mouth/k-factor uplift for each game
- Support the finance team and other stakeholders with special projects and requests that require financial and operational analysis
- Be a self-starter, we’re looking for an individual who will join us with ideas and the confidence to execute them
- Be driven to truly make a difference and help the business improve
- Collaborative, with the ability to work across departments and levels of the organisation, working with multiple stakeholders
- Have the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people and have patience in helping others understand
- Previous experience working in a similar role, as an Analyst or FP&A background
- Demonstrable experience in financial modelling
- Strategic and creative thinker with proven analytical capabilities
- Ability to think critically and spot data anomalies, trends, or deviations – and then introduce strategies for improvement
- Confident presenting analysis and able to communicate and tailor presentations to different audiences
- Ability to quickly analyze needs, find best practice solutions and build trusted networks to accomplish goals
- Expert experience with Excel
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Experience with one or more data tools/languages – Excel, Python, R
- Experience with Free-to-Play and/or GAAS business models
- Experience with video games, with an understanding of gaming product features, etc.
- Experience in visualising data
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 2 days per week (Everyone is working remotely until it is safe to go back into the office)
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Weekly Yoga Sessions
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Personal Project Development Days
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/