Revenue Accounting Manager
San Francisco, California, United States
13 days ago
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Accounting & Revenue, Niantic is seeking a candidate to lead accounting for Niantic’s growing advertising and partnership business! This role will blend both operational and technical accounting, allowing the opportunity to run full cycle accounting for advertising, sponsorships and various other partnership revenue initiatives. This includes responsibility for executing the Company’s month-end revenue close process, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting and establishing accounting policies, controls and procedures within the Revenue Accounting team. Additionally, this person will be Niantic’s subject matter expert on revenue recognition and play a meaningful role in reviewing draft customer agreements, advising on structure and financial impact This is a full-time role that will interface heavily with our Business Development and Legal teams. The successful candidate must be able to start within 90 days of receiving an offer.
- Run month end close for areas including advertising revenue, accounts receivable, reserves and partner payments; preparing workbooks, journal entries and account reconciliations as necessary.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the revenue recognition policy associated with advertising partnerships and other partnership related revenue initiatives, including reviewing customer contracts, researching accounting literature, preparing memos and collaborating with external auditors.
- Responsible for reporting on the status of advertising customers, including monthly reports on bookings, collections and forecasts for Finance and Business Development teams.
- Work cross functionally with Engineering and Data Analytics teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of systems used for billing and accounting purposes.
- Lead the development and implementation of new process and procedures to allow scale and increase efficiency of month end close, including new systems improvements and utility from NetSuite ARM.
- Coordinate AR operations for advertising customers: billing, cash collections and AR aging.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting with 5-7+ years of professional experience; public accounting background at a Big 4 preferred.
- CPA license is required.
- Advanced knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP and experience in performing technical revenue research, specifically ASC 606.
- Experience with preparing journal entries, working through debits & credits, and ability to demonstrate how those numbers flow through the financial statements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Proactive “self-starter” with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of the company.
- Strategic thinker that considers both current needs and long-term scale.
- Ability to prioritize and handle tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus, but not required.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.