Revenue Accounting Manager
11 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Jam City is seeking a talented, team-oriented, data driven Revenue Accounting Manger to join our growing Revenue Accounting Team. The Revenue Accounting Manager is responsible for delivering accurate and timely reporting of revenue in accordance with US GAAP and ASC 606. Tasks include reviewing month end close journal entries, ad hoc revenue analysis, data analytics research, account fluctuation analysis, and other projects as needed. This role will report to the Revenue Accounting Senior Manager. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, detail oriented, hands–on, dependable, able to multi-task, a fast learner, and able to have fun while working in a fast paced environment. We provide an attractive environment for career development in a fast growing company.
- Manage our revenue recognition methodologies to ensure compliance with revenue standard (ASC 606)
- Lead the revenue financial statement close in a timely manner related primarily revenue, accounts receivable and cash application
- Review month-end close duties, including posted journal entries, GL account reconciliations, and internal + external reporting requirements
- Oversee day to day accounting operations for revenue streams
- Manage the AR ledger and AR aging
- Assist with cash application procedures and manage collection efforts
- Review support for audit requests and requirements
- Assist with financial statement footnotes for revenue related areas
- Work cross functionally and closely with the Data Analytics Team and Game Teams
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls & help implement best practices
- Assist with identifying areas for process improvement & efficiency
- Assist with special projects and research projects as assigned by management team
- Perform additional ad hoc analysis & projects tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA or MBA preferred)
- 4 + years of public accounting experience at a Big 4/National Firm or in the accounting team of a public company (preferred)
- Intermediate to advance Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookup) and ability to identify discrepancies between multiple data sources
- High Tech, Gaming, Entertainment/Media, and/or Big Four experience is a plus
- Relevant ITGC and/or SOX experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with major ERP systems required (Oracle, Netsuite, or SAP)
- Experience with Data Visualization Software (Tableau) preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail with a high level of accuracy & integrity
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and prioritize workload while keeping a positive attitude for a challenging and changing environment
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.