Retail Key Account Manager, TCG – Italy and Nordics
13 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Retail Key Account Manager, TCG – Italy and Nordics
Job Summary: Manages and develops strategic relationships with partners or potential customers.
People Manager: No
The Retail Key Account Manager TCG will work with the Senior Manager TCG Sales to meet/exceed revenue objectives through set retail development targets in Italy, the Nordics, and other European markets to be defined.
The RKAM will be responsible for generating incremental sales through existing and new customers working in close partnership with the Senior Manager and the Retail Marketing team to increase visibility in store and online in order to secure consumer engagement with the Pokémon brand.
What you’ll do
- Develop close commercial relationships with key retail groups assigned by the SSM and VP.
- Identify opportunities to influence the space available in store for PTCG category by using epos data and all other market insights.
- Suggest point of sales opportunities to meet the needs of the market and execute with the help of the retail marketing team.
- Constant market analysis i.e. sales performance, competitor activities, store checks, TV, online, digital exposure to evaluate brand/market performance.
- Work with the licensing team to implement cross-category space at retail where required.
- Work with the OP team to ensure expansion of Play! Pokémon on a national level.
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years international sales / business development experience, preferably in the VG / toy / games / publishing or FMCG sectors.
- Strong account management and relationship building skills.
- Proven track record in closing deals with high profile partners.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Ability to travel throughout Europe and multi-task whilst dealing with different time zones.
- Fluent Italian speaker, mother tongue preferred with an excellent command of the English language.
- Strong presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.