Resourcing Manager (PMO)
2 days ago
About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
As a Resourcing Manager, you will be joining our Project Management Office (PMO) and be responsible for facilitating our studio’s allocation process. As a resource management specialist, you represent the art and science of allocating the right resource to the right project, at the right time, as well as ensuring information flows between all relevant parties.
Resource allocation and management is one of the many challenges our projects face daily, and you will provide support to help our teams manage their resources efficiently.
Through resource planning and allocation, you will coordinate with stakeholders to assign people to projects based on their skillset, experience, and availability. You will monitor our organisation’s resources to ensure enough capacity to deliver against upcoming projects, and similarly, navigate employee underutilisation or uneven workloads.
Our people are central to the success of Splash Damage, so you will also be developing knowledge of which opportunities will aid in each team member’s growth, both personally and professionally.
Lastly, you are the gatekeeper when hiring new employees; knowing the requirements of each project, and ensuring our teams have clearly defined roles and responsibilities against these.
- Own and maintain the centralised resource data covering all projects and studios.
- Manage allocation of resources against budgeted headcount, coordinating between development, finance, and studio.
- Provide our recruitment team with a prioritised list of open roles, considering studio priorities and hiring lead times for various roles.
- Work with stakeholders to map out and optimise our entire recruitment process from application to pre-boarding.
- Arbitrate resourcing conflicts between development teams in line with overall studio priorities.
- Forecast attrition per discipline and propose mitigation strategies.
- Work with heads of department to move the studio’s ratio of developers to be in line with our targets.
- Oversee strategic over-investment in key resources.
- Work with our Outsourcing Manager with balancing the ratio of Internal vs. External resourcing.
- Review role requisition requests and manage the studio TBH list in coordination with Recruitment.
- Develop processes, methodologies, and best practices for assigning resources.
- Work closely with Department Heads, HR, and Recruitment to hire appropriate people and define their roles.
- Build competency models/assessments on skills & capabilities to help identify effective training materials and programmes, as well as ensuring our projects are managed by capable people.
- Ensure clear job descriptions with roles and responsibilities which fit the need of the project & studio.
- Drive a consistent approach with talent management across our projects.
- Ensure we proactively resource for all upcoming projects by tracking resource requirements and assigning to project teams accordingly.
- Work with our project teams to resolve resource challenges and conflicts, week-to-week.
- Grow and manage our network of freelancers to support resourcing needs.
- Develop knowledge of our people’s experience, capabilities, development priorities, and learning opportunities.
- Optimise resource utilisation by prioritising higher value work when resource capacity is available.
- Manage and monitor Holiday and TOIL planning in collaboration with HR.
Essential Skills and Experience
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5+ years of active, hands-on experience in a similar role (preferable).
- Exceptional time management, organisational, and negotiation skills.
- Capable of establishing rapport, and communicating effectively, across the organisation at varying levels.
- Project management qualifications or demonstrable career development activities.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; especially Excel, Power Bi, and SharePoint.
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change.
- Self-driven, critical thinking ability with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to build relationships and influence behaviour across the organisation.
- Competent in enabling cross-fertilisation between projects and disciplines with similar challenges.