This job might no longer be available.
Researcher - Strategic Advisory
Los Angeles, California, United States
13 days ago
As a Researcher at Riot Games, you will study, represent, and speak for the players around the globe. You’ll join the Insights team to work with a multitude of Rioters from across the company. Your scientific skill-set coupled with your audience insight will ensure that we are crafting our products in a player-focused way.
On Riot’s Business Health team, instead of working on a specific product, you will sit on the central Strategic Advisory department, serving all of Riot’s portfolio of products by creating large-scale, foundational market research and business intelligence outputs for Rioters across the company. You’ll answer important strategic questions for Riot leadership and others through deep-dive analysis into datasets across Riot, using multi-modal approaches that meld research, business data, and game analytics into holistic and digestible strategic recommendations.
- Analyze across many Riot datasets (internal and third-party) to understand which primary research metrics have a relationship to results, and the magnitude of that impact
- Make strategic recommendations to game teams and Riot leadership about how to respond to active shifts in player sentiment and behavior toward our product portfolio
- Perform multi-modal analyses about the health of our portfolio of products and overall business
- BA or BS in the social sciences, marketing, or a related discipline
- 3+ years of professional/academic experience in quantitative and qualitative primary research methods
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods for data analysis (regressions, correlations, factor analyses)
- Design and perform basic survey research and qualitative research
- Professional/academic experience in content analysis/NLP or social listening
- Proficient in SPSS, R, Python, or other statistical analysis platforms
- MA or PhD in the social sciences or market research, MBA in marketing or business intelligence
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, making decisions that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).