This job might no longer be available.
Researcher III - Global Esports
9 days ago
The Esports team is focusing on delivering amazing fan experiences through our global events, and the continued development of our digital services (including Watch Rewards, ProView, the broadcast experience, and new products). As the lead researcher on this team, you will identify and build research opportunities to support the actualization of the best global fan experiences. You will work with the leadership of Esports to help inform and create a strategy for our Esports products across the digital space, events, and content. You will report to the Director of Strategic Advisory on the Esports team.
- Work with leadership to determine research needs and produce the appropriate studies to meet those needs
- Partner with Esports leadership to develop products that deepen and enhance the esports experience
- Support the design and analysis of our global events and other community activities
- Manage research data products that are important to ensure business health
- Work across Riot departments to grow the efficacy of our research efforts and help inform teams of our player and fan needs
- Manage vendors to expand upon the capabilities and deliverables of our research
- Implement research studies including surveys, labs, and focus groups
- Mentor other researchers, helping them learn from your experiences
- BA or BS in the social sciences, marketing or a related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in user experience research, behavioral or cognitive research, or market research
- Experience managing external partners from RFP through project completion
- Experience managing leadership partners to design research priorities and studies
- Experience presenting research and working with product leads
- Professional experience in survey craft and lab design
- Proficiency in data capture software (Qualtrics, Sawtooth)
- Proficiency in data analysis software (SPSS, R)
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Previous research experience in the video game or entertainment industry
- Experience in product design or strategy for consumer-facing products
- Experience with intermediate research skills, e.g. conjoint analysis
- Advanced proficiency in analysis software (SPSS, R)
- Experience completing international research projects
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).