Researcher II, North America
Los Angeles, California, United States
13 days ago
The Insights discipline empowers Rioters' to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is apart of Riot's player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Researcher on the North America Regional & Oceania team, you will dive into ambiguous problem spaces, applying a variety of research methods in creative ways, and working with our regional Publishing and Esports leads, partners, external product partners and other Insights Rioters embedded throughout the company to improve our understanding of both our player audience and our fan audience (Esports/IP). You will report into the Manager of Strategic Advisory.
- Develop projects that improve our understanding of the gamer and Esports audience to both grow the audience and increase audience investment in our multiple IP
- Create/socialize backlog for regional market research to understand gamer & esports fan preferences
- Advise regional leadership on market research spend/best practices, and need for scope of current tools and future tools to be developed
- Scope, support and socialize regional audience profiling, purchase/trial research, or additional company-wide research efforts
- Framework for understanding the interaction effects between player hours in games and player engagement in non-game experiences (Esports, IP/C products)
- Construct, organize, and build studies and surveys designed to answer business, development, and usability questions and work with central research team to lead focus groups and share your results with other Rioters and leaders
- Develop relationships with product and regional insights teams
- BA or BS in Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related social science discipline
- 4+ years of experience in user experience research, behavioral or cognitive research, or quantitative market research
- Proficient in many research methodologies, such as surveys, focus groups, ethnography, and labs, and apply research methodologies with a minimal amount of craft guidance
- Expertise in at least one quantitative method for understanding sentiment, needs, and survey preferences
- Hypothesis-driven experimentation skills with emphasis on qual/quant user research techniques and playtesting/labs. Familiarity with helping a team test, learn, and iterate
- Create applicable recommendations for brand/growth strategy
- Experience creating presentations and convey complex or nuanced topics to creative audiences
- Advanced degree
- Experience in the tech, gaming, consumer products or media/entertainment industry
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, and a collaborative spirit, that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.