14 days ago
As a Researcher, you’ll join the Strategy Advisory team – the group of researchers and analysts responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll work closely with Rioters from other disciplines to conduct studies and analyses that will inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your research background coupled with your deep understanding of data will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As a Researcher on the China SA team, you will be tasked with diving into a variety of problem spaces, applying a variety of research methods in innovative ways, and collaborating closely with our regional production team, stakeholders, external research agencies and other Rioters embedded throughout the company to improve our understanding of our player audience and potential audiences.
You will be accountable for supporting market research efforts (quantitative and qualitative), and for driving opportunities at the regional level for China, including market landscape, title analysis, genre study, feature study, and anything else necessary to measure our regional level goals and commitments. You will synthesize new and existing data into actionable insights about our products, brands, relevant competitors and conditions emerging in our regional markets to inform strategy in China.
- Market Intelligence
- Generate and socialize regional market research to understand gamer behavior and preferences
- Maintain competitor database to generate market insights
- Initial new title analysis regularly
- In-depth Report
- Assist in in-depth insights reports including genre study, feature analysis, etc.
- Develop and execute projects that improve our understanding of the gamer audience in order to grow the audience and increase audience investment in our various IPs
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Share your results with other Rioters and leaders in clear, illustrative presentations
- BA or BS degree
- Experience in a variety of games
- Strong desktop research skill
- Strong expert interview skill
- Expertise in writing and fielding surveys for understanding sentiment, needs, and preferences
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to structure out nebulous spaces
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience conducting market research or collaborating with market research vendors
- Experience within the tech, gaming or pan-entertainment industry
- Comfortable with ambiguity and has a creative mindset