14 days ago
Age of Learning®
is the leading education technology innovator, creating engaging and effective learning resources to help children build a strong foundation for academic success and a lifelong love of learning. Our research-based digital education programs have proven efficacy in increasing children’s learning gains, and our curriculum is developed by an experienced team of education experts. Age of Learning’s flagship product, ABCmouse.com® Early Learning Academy
, is an award-winning comprehensive curriculum for children. The company’s School Solutions Programs include My Math Academy®
, an adaptive, personalized program that helps students master foundational math concepts, and My Reading Academy™
, which helps young learners become fluent readers and build a foundation for reading comprehension and literacy. With over 10 billion learning activities completed by more than 50 million children worldwide, Age of Learning is a global leader in efforts to advance equity, access, and opportunity for all children. To learn more about Age of Learning, visit www.AgeofLearning.com
Age of Learning is looking for a passionate and collaborative individual to conduct research that enhances our digital products and helps us gain valuable consumer insights. This person will design and execute user research studies with participants of all ages, analyze findings, and synthesize the insights for stakeholders. Qualified candidates will have excellent moderation skills with children and the ability to rapidly turn study session data into key findings for design teams. It is not enough to produce findings that are interesting or robust; findings must impact product by providing clear design or strategic direction. The role requires the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, write for multiple non-research audiences, and represent the voice of the user in stakeholder conversations. This person has experience in user research and product development at fast-growing companies and is highly productive in a collaborative working environment. This person will work as part of a forward-thinking, innovative, fast-paced team focused on expanding the impact of Age of Learning products.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with our partners in product and other organizational divisions, including brand, marketing, and strategy.
- Demonstrate leadership and innovation in our research and communication practices, under the guidance of the head of Design Research & Consumer Insights
- Identify clear research objectives based on organizational priorities and product needs and develop and execute research programs to achieve those objectives
- Develop screeners for participant recruitment, working with internal and external recruitment efforts
- Design audience-appropriate research protocols, working closely with cross-functional partners
- Moderate studies with children and adults, using various formats including (remote) prototype testing, playtesting, interviews, focus groups, contextual inquiry, and others.
- Design and program unmoderated studies and surveys using leading design research/UXR tools.
- Use UX, qualitative, and mixed-methods approaches for analyzing data.
- Synthesize research results into clear and compelling presentations to spark conversation, co-ownership, and product impact.
- Work with product and other teams on implications and implementation plans.
- Produce other summaries, highlight reels, or resources for research capacity building and other written work as needed
- Author design principles, learning principles, and user experience principles based on evidence gathered across user testing sessions
- Partner with others on the team to manage research documentation, including but not limited to research activities, protocols, highlight videos, and reports and briefs
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- Minimum of three years of experience working in user research or user experience.
- Minimum of three years of working with children (may be combined with research experience above.)
- Experience working with user groups of all ages, especially early childhood, and elementary-age children
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly synthesize key consumer insights
- Exceptional organization skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to flexibly problem-solve to achieve program goals in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with software and equipment such as UserZoom, Zoom, JIRA, Confluence, Office365, Adobe Premiere, mobile devices (iOS and Android), laptops, and cameras (some training provided)
- Experience with educational products, video games, or children's media is a plus
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 80% - 90% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days, 11 observed national paid holidays plus 9 sick days
• Our flexible work culture means 2 or more days in the office (hybrid) or 100% fully remote options available for most positions
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.