This job might no longer be available.
Senior Research Scientist
4 months ago
At Unity Technologies we are innovating in the space of content creation for games and virtual worlds. As part of the content creation workflow we are developing tools that streamline the work of artists, modellers and developers. There has never been a more exciting time to work in a space that brings both art and science together. We are passionate about combining art with the latest advances in Machine Learning and 3D visualization.
In this role you will conduct cutting edge research in computer vision and graphics that can speed up the generation of 3D computer artwork, video, and other types of media content for use across a wide range of industries. As a research engineer you will collaborate with our Product and Engineering to transition new innovative ideas into new product features.
- Responsible for driving experimental research work that speeds up 3D artwork creation, such as improved image processing and new world scanning techniques
- Evaluate suitability of new algorithms for productisation
- Provide leadership in the transfer of research projects into production and the engineering team
- Develop and execute test cases on research projects
- Write and present research findings in technical documents or papers
- Knowledge of machine learning models and algorithms
- Experience in handling and processing of large datasets, either video or images
- Experience in computer graphics and the related technologies such as 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, Substance, Unity, OpenGL
- Experience in software development practices with one or more programming language; C#, Python, C/C++
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.