Manchester, United Kingdom United Kingdom
7 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Engineer to join us in a newly created position collaborating with R&D teams on our innovative prototype projects whilst providing exemplary support to our customers. As part of our expanding R&D team, you will also help to develop machine learning algorithms, assist the R&D with our prototyping and developing demonstrations for our customers.
- Develop new algorithms within machine learning or computer vision which contributes to Cubic Motion’s cutting-edge core technology in facial tracking and solving.
- Turn research prototypes into robust, well-engineered code that can be used in Cubic Motion’s products.
- Work on key prototype projects supported with significant research innovation.
- Investigate, analyse and make recommendations to the Research Team regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
- Support the research team with demonstrations for our customers.
- Support customers and conduct post evaluations of our products, and share findings with the research team.
- Learn about/ evaluate the latest technologies which may be relevant to the company’s goals; attend relevant conferences etc.
- Hold a good numerical degree in one of the following disciplines: (Computer Vision, Mathematical and Computer Sciences, Medical imaging, Digital Systems and vision processing, Robotics – with strong aspects of vision, Informatics – Signal and image processing)
- Strong academic and research track record (i.e. papers, journals, speaker)
- Math (Statistics/ Machine Learning, Linear Algebra)
- Programming/ Prototyping (Matlab, Python, C++ (version 14/17)
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- A curious and creative Researcher with excellent problem-solving and debugging capabilities.
- Experience working with machine learning and passion for continuous professional development.
- High proficiency levels of coding whether in Python or C++, but ideally within C++
- Strong familiarity with probability, statistics and linear algebra.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and translate designs and ideas internally and externally.
- You are a passionate, dynamic and self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a team and on their own with little or no supervision.
- Experience working towards tight deadlines.
- MSc or PhD
- Deep Learning knowledge.
- Object detection
- Object tracking
- Kalman Filtering
- OpenCV and/or dlib
- Demonstrable experience in working on innovative products
- Some commercial experience