Rendering Software Engineer
Bucharest 061344 Romania
7 days ago
We are EA Romania
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kind a’ like that.
The Rendering Software Engineer is a critical part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design and implementation of rendering technology on multiple platforms, working with designers, artists and other engineers to build complex graphics features – life-like visuals, huge and immersive worlds and state-of-the-art graphical FX.
What a rendering engineer does at EA:
- Develop core rendering features, engine components and tools.
- Research and implement cutting-edge rendering techniques.
- Create reusable & scalable rendering technologies.
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages
- Profile and optimize rendering modules of a game engine.
- Stay up to date with latest hardware & software changes impacting the rendering domain.
The next great rendering engineer needs:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 6+ years’ development experience.
- C++ proficiency.
- Experience in the design and implementation of graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Formal background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
- Experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code.
- Prior experience shipping at least one title on PS4,PS3, XboxOne or Xbox360.
- Experience with assembler (Intel, PPC), scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#.
- Experience with graphics tools and exporters such as Maya, MotionBuilder and Photoshop; knowledge of Maya API and Mel programming.
- Experienced candidates should have expertise in a number of these fields: vertex and pixel shaders including HLSL and FX; terrain or environment rendering; advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
- Working knowledge of DX11 a significant plus.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we do offer world-class compensation packages and a culture that thrives of creativity and individuality.
At EA Romania, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- More about our location:
- And our people
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!