Rendering Software Engineer - SPORTS
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
5 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer , NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC .
- You will be involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; working with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
- You will research and implement industry-leading rendering techniques.
- You will write technical design specifications.
- You will design, maintain, implement and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages
- You will develop core rendering tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards.
- You will optimize rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine.
- You will create leading edge reusable rendering technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 7-10+ years’ development experience
- Proficiency with C++
- Experience designing and implementing industry-leading graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Formal background in rendering with experience that may include modern shader pipelines, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
- Experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code