Rendering Software Engineer - SKATE
13 days ago
Rendering Software Engineer
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to bring an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
We are looking for an intermediate Rendering Software Engineer to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development working on GPU architecture, deferred lighting, global illumination, shadows, and anti-aliasing. You will report to the rendering lead and work with content creators to implement features, tools, and debugging workflows.
- You will work with Artists and the Lead Rendering programmer to collaborate on bringing the vision of the Art Director to life.
- You will be involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; working with Designers, Artists, Technical Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
- You will write technical design specifications.
- You will design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages
- You will develop core rendering tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards.
- You will profile and optimize rendering features on GPU and CPU to hit frame rate targets.
- You will work together with the internal engine team to develop leading edge reusable rendering technologies.
- You will work with internally and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion.
- 4+ years development experience working on AAA game products with shipped titles
- Experience with C++ and shader programming languages such as HLSL
- Experience designing and implementing graphics techniques
- In-depth understanding of graphics hardware for game consoles.
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Experience with Direct 3D, OpenGL or equivalent.
- Understanding of memory management, multithreaded architectures, and runtime performance optimization.
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug.