Rendering Software Engineer - FIFA
10 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
As part of FIFA, the ultimate purpose of this team is to be a catalyst for meaningful and impactful innovation and change. It's going to work in support and evolution of the FIFA business and teams and its goal is to provide the technological and experiential capabilities to build the FIFA of tomorrow.
Innovation, passion, and team-work are at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver and Bucharest; we are excited by the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
The Rendering Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design and implementation of rendering technology on multiple platforms. They are working with designers, artists and other engineers to build complex graphics features – life-like visuals, huge and immersive worlds and state-of-the-art graphical FX.
What you will do as a rendering engineer:
- Develop core rendering features, engine components and tools.
- Research and implement rendering techniques.
- Create reusable and flexible rendering technologies.
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintains, implements, tests and debugs code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages.
- Profiles and optimizes rendering modules of a game engine.
- Stay up-to-date with latest hardware & software changes enhancing the rendering domain.
- You will report to the engineering team's manager and work with your peers to render specific tasks.
We are looking for:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3+ years experience with C++ development.
- Experience developing graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
- Math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Formal background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
- 1+ years of experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Test and debug other engineer's code.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Experience shipping at least one title on PS4,PS3, XboxOne or Xbox360.
- Experience with graphics tools and exporters such as Maya, MotionBuilder and Photoshop; knowledge of Maya API and Mel programming.
- Expertise in several of these fields: vertex and pixel shaders including HLSL and FX; terrain or environment rendering; advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
- Working knowledge of DX11 is a significant plus.