Rendering Software Engineer - EA Sports FC™
15 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the EA Sports FC franchise. EA Sports FC is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
As a Rendering Software Engineer, you are an essential part of the game creation process, and are involved in the architectural design and implementation of rendering technology on multiple platforms. You will work with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to help build complex graphics features, life-like visuals, huge and immersive worlds, and state-of-the-art graphical FX. Your contributions to EA Sports FC will be included back into the Frostbite engine, benefiting multiple game teams and improving the experiences of users across many of EA's games.
Remote Work options are available for this opportunity across the listed countries in Europe.
- You will work with designers, artists, and other engineers to build complex graphics features – life-like visuals, huge and immersive worlds, and state-of-the-art graphical FX.
- You will develop core rendering features, engine components, and tools
- You will research and implement rendering techniques.
- You will create reusable & flexible rendering technologies.
- You will write technical design specifications.
- You will design, maintain, implement, test, and debug code, pipelines, and other rendering-related sub-components and packages.
- You will profile and optimize the rendering modules of a game engine.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest hardware & software changes enhancing the rendering domain.
- You will report to the engineering team's manager and work with your peers to render specific tasks.
- 5+ years' experience with C++ development.
- Experience working on or creating real-time rendering engines.
- Communication ability that supports an open working environment regarding feedback
- A strong desire to improve visual quality together with art and design
- Math skills include trigonometry, calculus, and linear algebra.
- Experience in modern graphics APIs such as DirectX12, Vulkan, or Metal
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience developing rendering techniques and implementing white papers
- Stays up to date with latest and the greatest techniques in computer graphics
- Experience with one or more of the following: PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series S/X
- Excellent debugging and multi-threading skills
- Experience with graphics performance analysis, optimization, and associated tools such as PIX, RenderDoc, Razor
- Experience with art and content pipelines and workflows
- Experience investigating and optimizing low-level game engine code on multiple platforms
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.