Rendering Software Engineer - (C++) - Madden
Orlando Florida United States
5 days ago
Rendering Software Engineer - C++
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC .
- Work with design and art to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
- Achieve creative, tested, and high-quality technical implementations that meet design and art requirements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Look for ways to increase team efficiency, especially artists, through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
- Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate knowledge in the following rendering areas: lighting, shadows, mesh processing, low-level graphics API, GPGPU, animation/deformation, particles/VFX, or shader experience
- Experience with the 3D scene construction, graphics pipeline, and graphics debugging
- 3D math skills, especially linear algebra
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers
- Demonstrate debugging skills
- Experience with parallel programming, resource management, and GPU considerations
- Understanding of scripting languages (Python, Lua) Or C#
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools
- Experience with a few of the following art related tools: Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, Or ZBrush
- Experience in embedded systems, especially console development
- Relational database proficiency