Santa Rosa Calabarzon ph
13 days ago
The Rendering Programmer will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing and/or improving graphical rendering features that meet the requirements of the project.
The main and routine tasks of a rendering programmer are:
- Produce efficient, portable and self-contained code that observes the technical constraints of the system
- Ensure coding standards are followed, and promote good programming practices within the engineering team
- Analyze existing system features, determine whether they meet project intentions and suggest improvements whenever necessary
- Diagnose and fix bugs in new and existing systems
- Optimize existing rendering code for speed and memory usage
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience
- Preferably with 2 years of real-time rendering programming experience
- Experience of designing, developing and debugging multithreaded systems
- Excellent C++ programming skills, with excellent knowledge of object oriented development;
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce
- Able to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend the and refactor functionality of an existing module
- Ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity, including memory related issues, multithreading, and assembly level debugging
- Strong understanding of 3D mathematics
- Knowledge of modern rendering APIs such as D3D12 and Vulkan
- Strong understanding of high-level shader languages such as GLSL and HLSL
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
- Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethics
- Knowledge of most areas of game development (physics, AI, gameplay, rendering, online, tools, UI, audio);
- Knowledge of console platform submission requirements (TRCs, XRs, etc.)
- Knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc.
- Knowledge of low level shading languages
- Experience with multi-platform console development
- Shipped at least one game title using C++
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our top priority are our people: Ubisoft offers a world-class working environment that facilitates collaboration, open communication, and fun.
We ensure our team receive the best training, regularly sending them to trips to other Ubisoft studios around the globe. We work hard, but we play hard too. With our monthly events, parties, regular video game tournaments, music and sports clubs, you can bet that we’re serious about fun!
In 2016, Ubisoft Philippines opened as the first and only AAA game development studio in the country. Since then, the studio has grown to around 150 professionals, co-developing the following flagship franchises: Assassin's Creed (AC): Odyssey, AC: Origins, AC III Remaster, AC Liberation and AC Rogue on Nintendo Switch, For Honor, Skull & Bones, The Crew 2 and more upcoming unannounced projects.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher, and distributor of interactive entertainment and services in the world. We are located in the emerging central business district in the South of Manila, with a lush, green, family-friendly ecosystem. Our building is within DLSU Laguna, our partner university whom we have been working closely with in the creation of Video Game Development courses, training developers of the future. Through partnerships in the academe and active involvement in events, we aim to continue growing the game dev industry in the Philippines and South East Asia.
Ready to tackle new challenges and take entertainment to the next level? Join us and Create the Unknown.