Join the award-winning team that created God of War
You’re into tech, really all tech, but graphics and low-level stuff are your bread and butter. Optimizations – definitely, both CPU and GPU. Graphics systems – of course: whatever the artists need to make the highest quality visuals. And part of you thinks like they do, which is great, since you will be collaborating with them often.
You’re talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? Give us a shout!
- Design and implement systems and tools for engine, rendering, and technology needs (such as streaming, world editing and rendering, shaders, lighting, particles, effects, and so on)
- Collaborate with designers and artists in their use of these systems and tools
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Profile and optimize to remove bottlenecks
- Test and document code produced
- Work on runtime engine tasks in support of specific project requirements as needed
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years professional programming experience
- Well versed in modern rendering techniques and engine-related issues
- Expertise in C and C++
- Strong programming generalist with solid code architecture skills
- Proficient in linear algebra
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.