This job might no longer be available.
Ray Tracing Programmer Internship (Unreal Engine)
Cary, NC United States of America
7 months ago
Epic Games Unreal Engine RenderingTeam is looking for a smart, creative Rendering Programmer Intern to join them for summer 2020. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The ray tracing team is responsible for implementing and maintaining the ray tracing systems built on top of the Unreal Engine 4 rendering system. You will work developing state of the art techniques in ray tracing and path tracing with a team
that is a worldwide reference in the field.
- Supporting ray tracing for the Unreal Engine rendering team, contributing innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of development
- Enhancing and maintaining the graphics of Unreal Engine while creating new features
- Implementing and improving Unreal Engine graphics pipelines
- Optimizing performance of features on multiple platforms
- Managing and enhancing tools that go along with features; ensuring they are useable and appropriate for artists, games, and the engine
- Minimum grad level in relevant degree, PhD preferred.
- Strong C++ skills
- Good knowledge of state of the art path tracing techniques, UE rendering pipeline and computer graphics in general
- Knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Performance minded development and optimization skills
- Strong communication and follow-through working with others to develop and iterate on features/tools
- Examples of projects in gaming or game engine technology a plus
This is a paid internship, running May 26 through August 14. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary. Intern recruitment for summer 2020 roles will run through February 2020, or until teams find an ideal match.
This is going to be Epic!