This job might no longer be available.
Rendering Programmer Internship (UE Features)
Cary, NC United States of America
7 months ago
Epic Games Unreal Engine Rendering Features Team is looking for a smart, creative Rendering Programmer Intern to join them for summer 2020. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Rendering Feature Team is responsible for driving the enhancements and new graphics features of Unreal Engine 4 as well as continuous improvements to graphics quality. We regularly publish novel research in the field and are at the forefront of advancements in real-time graphics. You will work directly with the industry veterans and your work will reach hundreds of the engine licensees in various industries.
- Working closely with the Unreal Engine Rendering team, contributing innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of graphics rendering development
- Enhancing and maintaining the graphics of Unreal Engine 4
- Working on material and lighting improvements
- Building tools to help aid the artists find performance issues
- Degree work in CS or related fields
- Strong C++ skills
- In-depth experience with real-time rendering
- Knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Exposure to a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages including DirectX and OpenGL/GLSL
- Performance minded development and optimization skills
- Strong communication and follow-through working with others to develop and iterate on features/tools
- Examples of projects in gaming or game engine technology a plus
This is a paid internship, running May 26 through August 14. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary/Stockholm/Larkspur. Intern recruitment for summer 2020 roles will run through February 2020, or until teams find an ideal match.
This is going to be Epic!