Rendering Engineering - Spain
19 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
Striking Distance Studios is looking for an experienced Rendering Engineer to help create a new next generation AAA experience.
- Collaborate with technology director/architect on technical design and feature roll out.
- Coordinate with leads to ensure smooth roll out of new features.
- Research and develop real-time rendering techniques and features.
- Stay up to day with graphics papers and technology.
- Perform CPU and GPU performance profiling and optimization.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly performant code.
- Adhere to team coding standards and best practices
- Review the work of other engineers and provide mentorship on your area of knowledge.
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines.
- Communicate accurate status updates to your team leads, producers, and QA regarding tasks/features you are responsible for.
- Share knowledge and brainstorm with other disciplines and team members.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- 3 years programming experience as rendering engineer. Unreal experience preferable.
- Experience on the current generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One).
- Excellent debugging and performance analysis skills
- Knowledge of performance and memory constraints as they relate to game development.
- Eye for photorealism and taste for aesthetics.
- Very strong knowledge in 3D math, graphics pipelines and rendering techniques.
- Passion to explore new R&D ideas and new technology, strive to overcome technology barriers.
- Positive and enthusiastic to engage new challenges.
- Open minded, willing to be continuously learning, and with exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to be self-directed, focused and detail oriented.