This job might no longer be available.
Toronto Ontario Canada
9 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from many other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of in-house technology and open source software
- Research and implement state of the art rendering techniques into our branch of the Cycles renderer
- Embed and develop technologies like Usd into Blender or other applications
- Maintain and troubleshoot bugs in our core technologies
- Reporting to the Pipeline Lead and other leads to help design solutions and workflow
- 3+ year experience as a software engineer in the industry a plus
- A computer science degree (or equivalent) a plus
- Extensive knowledge of "C" and "C++" languages
- Strong understanding of computer graphics and related math
- Experience with real-time graphics pipelines a plus
- Maintain knowledge up to date with new advances in rendering and technologies like Usd
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.