Render Programmer [Snowdrop] (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
12 days ago
As a Render Programmer in the Snowdrop team, your primary focus will be on implementing and maintaining the various core render systems of our in-house engine Snowdrop™. As a Snowdrop programmer you will be part of a friendly team developing and maintaining a variety of systems and tools.
You will be expected to:
- To support multiple teams around the world in their usage of our Rendering tech
- Advise, review and help making tech reusable for multiple projects
- Work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions that bring Snowdrop™ and its various titles to an even higher standard.
- Working in C++ on our integrated editor/game development tools.
- Designing, implementing, and iterating on new and existing systems and tools
- Developing Snowdrop as a shared and complex ecosystem for videogames creation
- Contributing to long term strategy for Snowdrop development
- Supporting multiple teams around the world with knowledge and practical help.
- Working towards improving documentation and samples
- Develop and maintain Rendering tech with an eye to sharing with multiple teams
- 3+ years of professional C++ programming experience in the video game industry (experience with PS4 and XBOX One is beneficial)
- Debugging and problem solving skills
- Tools, workflow and engine development insight
- Ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
- Experienced working with multithreading development
- Familiar with various graphics APIs (DirectX 11/12, OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal, Mantle) and associated shader languages
- Experience with performance critical programming
- Thorough knowledge of 3D mathematics, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with general purpose computations on GPU's
- Experience with GPU performance analysis and tools
- Familiarity or willingness to learn other languages typically used for tools (C#, python, etc)
You as a person
You will be part of a team of programmers where quality and attention to detail is highly valued. You will also work close to both game-designers and operations in your daily work, as a part of a team of highly motivated, passionate and skilled game developers. You probably have a passion for creating games, an eye to long term tech development, and you will most likely describe yourself as creative, hard-working, result oriented and cooperative.
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike
- Subsidized lunch meals, possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Working in an innovative and international company
We are offering highly motivating challenges for true team players with a high level of self-initiative. If you are passionate about about games and wish to become part of an innovative and diverse game development studio, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Avatar", "Far Cry", “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly quality and innovative game-play we are looking for a Render Programmer (f/m/d). This position will be located at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany)