7 days ago
Work closely with production, finance, technology, software and GSA global system architecture, TRM, Creative operations teams to ensure the studio is rendering within the allocated budgets provided by the senior management team and that no resource is wasted. Communicate to and manage teams who are involved in the execution and management of render resource.
Highly organized and analytical; good initiative and decision-making; works effectively in a fast-paced environment, strong sense of urgency to get results
Sees value in order and processes, appreciates, and delivers accuracy, able to predict how details can influence the functioning of a system.
Likes to detect and solve problems; creative approach to solve challenging situations; forward-planning; a critical thinker who loves to make things better.
Team player who can build relationships and work with diverse teams; collaborative and approachable, but able to be firm when needed.
Protocols and Continuous Improvement:
- Run render readiness forum, tracking and chasing actions coming from other stakeholders: infrastructure, TRM, delivery teams, creative operations, etc.
- Provide feedback for TRM training / request what they need to know. Training the Production and Creative teams in everything about render management.
Forecasting and Optimization:
- Work with shows to create a balanced render plan from the outset of the project, having them take ownership of render through to completion.
- Ensures shows are forecasting properly / provide them with support to do so if needed (via templating). Request delivery team to block schedule / work with CPM if needed.
- Ensures that shows are running optimization dailies (in a structured way).
- Monitors time per frame per show and guarantees teams are working towards efficiency.
- Work with BTIS team to develop and improve of render dashboards in BI and others (ex: Elastic).
- Ensure people are using render data platform / customized views / training / etc.
Budgeting and Escalation:
- Work with the finance team to create and distribute render budgets
- Flag shows are running over budget and strategize to bring it back in line with allocated hours
- Liaising with Production Accountants to ensure that render budgets are in place and escalations are being triggered, by him/her or others.
- Determine the render splits for the respective site, owning render priorities across shows, in alignment with Heads of Production.
- Liaising with respective parties on what are the cloud caps allowed for a certain day, week, month.
- Ensure that the delivery teams are using in the most efficient way the allocation they have.
- Monitoring flux of jobs on the farm if needed, especially on peak delivery season.
- 5 years of experience
- Technical background from within VFX or related industry. Ex.: Computer Graphics, Animation
- Knowledge in rendering and render farm (how it works, how to manage it, etc)
- Experience in leading teams and guiding projects with multiple stakeholders
- Complimentary experience in production or management is a plus
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global VFX studio with decades of storytelling experience across the feature film and episodic industries, with award-winning highlights including The Lion King, 1917, The Mandalorian, and Wandavision.
MPC’s global network of artists constantly innovates to bring unimaginable ideas to life through cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity. Part of the Technicolor Creative Studios network, MPC continues to lead the visual arts industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across screens worldwide
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.