9 days ago
MachineGames is looking for an experienced Render/Graphics Programmer to join our team. In this role you will be instrumental in developing our upcoming AAA-titles together with a group of experienced game developers. The Engine team currently consists of 10+ talented and passionate programmers. In this role you will be reporting to our Lead Engine programmer.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of the capital Stockholm. It has a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
MachineGames is a part of Zenimax Media inc. alongside sister studios Alpha Dog games, Arkane studios, Bethesda game studios, Id Software, Roundhouse Studios, and Tango Gameworks, and ZeniMax Online Studios.
Our studio has a legacy of being down to earth and free from big egos, our everyday work as well as our long-term goals are driven by our values:
- We value Team performance over individual performance - We practice an open door policy - We deliver what we promise - We give constructive and actionable feedback - We practice ownership and accountability - We learn from our mistakes.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have are not an EU citizen and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- Architect and implement features in C/C++, that is CPU, GPU and memory efficient, with an eye to a quality end-user experience
- Develop, extend and debug features related to rendering/graphics while respecting platform and design constraints
- Collaborate well with programmers and other disciplines involved in the day to day work
- Review code written by programmers across the studio and collaborate with them to improve code quality
- If required, debug, modify, extend or use the tools pipeline as necessary
- Construct solutions for unforeseen design problems in a timely manner
- Proactively provides suggestions on how to utilize new technologies and tools and implement them into our workflow
- At least 5 years of experience in rendering/graphics development, preferably for games
- Demonstrate and apply strong problem-solving and debugging skills in C++
- Write clean, professional, well commented, and maintainable code
- Show good knowledge of linear algebra
- Preferably knowledge of OpenGL, DirectX, Vulkan and/or Metal
- Are independent and self propelled with little need for supervision
- Continuously look for ways to improving processes and achieve results. Isn’t satisfied with the status quo. Come up with solutions to problems or challenges.
- Exhibit a high level om communication skills, both by listening and sharing information. You provide constructive feedback to individuals and teams and you take initiatives to collaborate cross functionally.
- Lastly, you are passionate about games!
Applicant Privacy Notice
Applicant Privacy Notice