This job might no longer be available.
Remote Operations Tech
16 days ago
As one of two leading remote / field operations roles, reports to the IT Project Manager at Project Stryker, you will manage the following areas within Riot Games,
- On-site and remote tech support for global esports events
- Management of traveling hardware fleets
- People manager to a team of 4 contractors
- Special Projects
As Remote Ops Tech at Project Stryker, you will lead one of two teams of 4, responsible for traveling to Esports events and deployment of a network, PC / mobile phone setup at both the hotel/hotels and venue/stage, and wifi, IPTV network, Load in and Load out and onsite IT support , throughout the course of the event.
- Oversee the hardware fleet from event to event.
- Training, management and development of a team of 4 Support Technician contractors .
- Carry out the pre–event set up of pc and mobile devices.
- Creation and improvement of documentation and policies
- You will ensure queries and issues are answered on time and escalated to the appropriate team.
- Liaise with the IT Project Manager and coordinating with the ETG events team onsite to ensure all systems are implemented following Riot games SOP's..
- You'll deliver high-quality service that enables Rioters to stay focused on delivering awesome player experiences. As a player and Remote ops team Lead, you have a unique perspective on how technological wizardry enables virtual wizardry and keep a foot in both realms
- While at an event you will be the POC for all non-broadcast tech queries, ensuring communication channels are open with all stakeholders
- Your hands-on technical expertise and communication skills will help you evaluate and overcome technical difficulties that may arise for our players during an Event.
- You have a sense of urgency and you are an expert problem-solver who can address major issues that threaten Rioters, players, or services, whether it is people, process, or technology related.
- You will sound the alarm and call in reinforcements to address major issues that threaten Riot's people, players, or services; stand at the point of escalation when trouble pops up and throw it back into the void from whence it came, making decisions effectively.
You communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation or messenger pigeon; you will communicate with all Rioters, including leadership, to provide key updates during events in compliance with Riot Games' standards and security policies.
- 3+ years Live event or Production experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading a technical team
- Your technical experience is broad with experience configuring and supporting Microsoft Windows, and wifi configuration and support, VoIP setup and troubleshooting, Windows and OSX security fundamentals, networking (Juniper/Cisco), LAN/WAN, SCCM or other imaging tool such as FOG, AWS, Discord, JIRA, and Confluence – just to name a few
- You are flexible, adaptable, and committed in your pursuit of developing new techniques that give us the ability to automate and scale, while growing in your particular area of expertise.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.