This job might no longer be available.
Relocation & Onboarding Specialist
6 months ago
As the Relocation & Onboarding Specialist at Cloud Imperium Games, you will be joining our ‘Studio Experience Team’ who have overall responsibility for managing our physical work locations, ensuring our studios are a great place to work and most importantly supporting and being there every step of the way for our awesome colleagues, making sure that everyone has the best employee experience as possible, which is exactly where you come in.
This is a brand-new position for CIG; therefore the successful candidate has a great opportunity to really shape this role and make it their own. Ultimately the main responsibility for this role will be to support our new employees with their relocation to our new state of the art studio in Manchester, UK. As the role evolves it will also include, but not be limited to, onboarding new employees, supporting with new starter inductions and being there to support and guide our new employees in their first few weeks/months of employment and beyond!
This position will be perfect for somebody with an excellent local knowledge of Manchester and can advise on things such as commuting, renting, parking, things to do in the city and much more.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=rH59z29Odfo
What is our Relocation & Onboarding Specialist responsible for?
- Providing relocation support for all employees and new starters.
- Building and maintaining relationships with accommodation providers and associated 3 rd parties.
- Arranging welcome packs and distributing to new starters.
- Providing a welcoming and inclusive onboarding experience for new employees.
- Carrying out various administrative duties and working closely with your Studio Experience team and HR colleagues, whilst acting as a liaison for new starters.
- Immersing yourself within the Studio life, being the first point of contact for all new starter queries and acting as our human resource library.
- Partnering with the rest of Studio Experience Team on any other duties and projects.
What do we look for?
- Experience in a customer support type role or have a HR/Recruitment background with onboarding experience.
- A great local knowledge of Manchester and the surrounding areas.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and projects while staying organised.
- Great communication skills to respond to all internal and external communications / questions in a timely fashion.
- Passion for video games!
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Covid-19 Hiring Update
During the pandemic we transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model. We are now working through a gradual return to office plan as improvements of the COVID-19 situation will allow. We’re continuing to interview and hire during this time and while Cloud Imperium is overall an in-office operating company, some roles will start out remotely and others will be in-office from day one of employment. As a general policy, we have a Flexitime policy arrangement that allows for some remote working if and when it meets the needs of the role and the company. The details can be discussed during the interview stage. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you. Also, we follow mask requirements as they keep being updated per local regulations when in studio and we're also requiring full vaccination in order to work in studio.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.