Reliability Engineer - Diablo IV
17 days ago
Job Title:Reliability Engineer - Diablo IV
The minions of Hell are growing stronger, and Sanctuary needs another hero!
The Diablo IV team is looking for a motivated Reliability Engineer to help diagnose server software problems in our production environments, as well as assist with server related management duties for internal development.
- Diagnose complex software problems occurring on the Diablo IV servers
- Review and deploy server software in live and development environments
- Build and evolve monitoring, analysis, and control software
- Work closely with central operations teams to keep the infrastructure running smoothly
- Ensure the stability of the Diablo IV services through stress and chaos testing
- Share in off-hour / on-call duties
- 2+ years of software, live ops or related engineering field experience in a professional en vironment
- Proficiency using C++
- Exceptional deductive reasoning skills
- Curiosity & tenacity to fully diagnose why something went wrong
- Ability to rapidly learn & understand server software by reading source code and stepping through code under a debugger.
- Familiarity with OS, networking, and server design concepts
- Strong code review skills
- Ability to write scripts in an administrative language (Python, Perl, etc )
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with databases
- Experience with message bus technologies like Pulsar
- Experience with Golang
- Experience working with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Passion for video games
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all the qualifications ? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $77,500.00 - $143,376.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.