This job might no longer be available.
Release and Build Specialist
1 year ago
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four consecutive years and in 2018, one of GamesIndustry.biz Best Places to Work.
Release & Build Specialist
The Release and Build Specialist will develop, analyze and maintain tools that support and automate the version creation process on an ongoing basis as well as administer material and software resources.
- Develop and maintain the logic (e.g. script) required to automate the version creation processes;
- Monitor, configure and administer the version creation system;
- Support version creation system users;
- In collaboration with other working units, recommend and enhance the efficiency of the version creation system and related pipelines;
- Document and update the version creation, management and deployment processes;
- Initial trouble shooting of the problems found in the versions with people from different trades;
- Develop other tools or scripts for the needs of the project and automating the process depending on needs
- Manage all rights and access to project data, and at the end of a project you will be responsible for creating a ClosingKit to archive all data related to the project;
- Help integrate all new hires into the project and manage a large build farm. You will also be required to give support to off-site studios.
College diploma in computer science or equivalent training or experience.
- Minimum one year experience in a similar position (deployment, release and build specialist, etc.)
- Participation in a complete production cycle an asset;
- Automation experience and asset.
- Knowledge of C++, C#, Perl, and Python;
- Knowledge of Perforce, Atlassian JIRA task tracking, Active Directory, Windows API;
- Knowledge of MySQL - knowledge and practical use MS Dos Batch files;
- Version control management and continuous integration systems (QuickBuild, Jenkins, etc.);
- Knowledge of a Windows environment;
- Work experience with large quantity of files;
- Knowledge of Web Technologies (HTML and others);
- Passion for video games and the desire to have fun at work!
- Knowledge of other “Source Control” systems, (CVS, Subversion, Git, etc.);
- Knowledge of other language such as C, PHP, Unix Shell Scripts, JAVA Script or VB script;
- Knowledge of 3Dstudio Max., Adobe Photoshop;
- Knowledge of Secure Transfers, PGP, SSH and Tunnel, Installshield, or Wise;
- Understanding of network setup.
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Scored by The Economist as the Best City to Live, our studio is located in the trendy Junction Triangle located in West Toronto, close to TTC, the hottest bars and restaurants, and excellent coffee shops. We celebrate successes as a team at our monthly UbiBash events, and invite our families to events throughout the year including our annual Kids Holiday Party. We give back to help make our community better through our team volunteer days and fundraising activities. We hold regular game jams to fuel our team’s creativity. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and provides the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development, flexible days, on-site Yoga and Bootcamp classes, fresh fruit, Life Drawing classes, as well as spontaneous team surprises such as Pi Day, Star Wars Day, and Halloween.
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.