9 days ago
Jagex is currently looking for a Release Specialist who will act as a subject matter expert for submitting and releasing new products and updates across Mobile, PC, and Console platforms. As a Release Specialist you will be working on various projects across a range of different platforms where you will be working with multiple disciplines and teams to deliver a product bundle that can be shipped on schedule. Your role will be to understand the platform guidelines and help product owners build these requirements into their road maps.
We are looking for candidates who have excellent communication and coordination skills, previous experience working on releases and has a good understanding of SDLC. You will need to visit the office on occasions (Quarterly), however you will be free to work remotely for the majority of the time. We are happy to receive applications from outside of the games industry as long as you have previously worked on releases that have been uploaded to a form of app store.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and coordinate releases across various platforms - mobile (Apple and Google), PC (Steam) and Console (Xbox, PlayStation and Switch)
- Proactively gather all necessary assets and metadata required in a timely manner for upcoming releases
- Collaborate with internal and external partners/teams to plan, set up and deliver everything necessary for new bundles, promotions and events.
- Ability to provide support between Jagex and platform holders on questions or rejections.
- Upload, submit and release builds to development and live environments via the relevant platform portals.
- Communicate clear and concise information to stakeholders regarding submission and release statuses to reduce risks around scheduled dates.
- Provide platform support and technical guidance to development teams.
- Manage platform user requests and granting the appropriate permissions.
- Ensure documentation is kept up to date to meet team standards.
- Disseminate the latest platform policy changes and ensure Jagex and partner teams are informed and action them if necessary.
- Maintain archive of past submitted data to the various platforms across games.
- Contribute to process and technical improvements across teams.
- Previous release experience with at least one of the following platforms, Apple or Google mobile app stores, Steam for PC/Mac gaming or online console stores such as Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo Switch
- Experience uploading, submitting and releasing builds using store tools (including automated methods).
- Familiarity with different platform guidelines (such as Apple Review Guidelines, Microsoft TCRs or Nintendo Lotcheck).
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to use process management tools such as JIRA.
- Experience resolving non-standard situations, disputes or managing relations with platforms relating to stores.
- Good knowledge of the game development lifecycle
- Experience with console (Xbox, PlayStation, Switch) submission processes (build upload, backend management, release requirements)
- Experience with 3rd party store automation processes (e.g. Transport tool for Apple builds)
- Experience with managing store metadata, including IAPs, assets, descriptions, test users, etc.
- Global age rating boards experience.
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Monthly Energy Allowance
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.