19 days ago
Cloud Imperium Games is actively seeking a Release Specialist to join our mission critical Platform Operations team. The Platform Operations team is responsible for the numerous moving parts involving deployments, accounts, security, ecommerce, and marketing. This small but skillfully diverse team is responsible for many key systems and plays a major role in all initiatives related to platform content, technology, compliance, operations, and publishing.
The Release Specialist will be responsible for coordinating Platform Operations for any platform and game publishes on all environments. This involves identifying current and potential issues and risks associated with deployments. They will be coordinating with the Release Manager and liaising with various teams for the planning and execution of each release. The Release Specialist will provide knowledge and information unique to the publishing process as well as troubleshoot and monitor issues regarding publishes and platform-related incidents.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5YvgQ2RX_g
What does a Release Specialist do?
- Help execute daily publish
- Help run, manage, and maintain hidden content pipeline process
- Update documentation related to publishes daily
- Help manage deployment of Dynamic Events
- Attend Release Readiness reviews, Milestone reviews, and Feature Go/No-Go reviews
- Help diagnose/fix any platform related game and platform related issues
- Help coordinate with key stakeholders to derive a master deployment and testing plans based on the established release schedule.
- Work with Release Manager to help optimize publish strategy (daily/quarterly/yearly)
- Work with Release Coordinator to ensure issues that come up during publish are assigned out and followed up on
- Report the status of Platform Releases to Release Manager
What do we expect from our Release Specialist?
- A minimum of 2 years in Release Management, Game Production, Live Ops or Software Development
- Advanced Star Citizen project knowledge
- Ability to coordinate with multiple internal teams
- Expert timekeeping and scheduling capability
- Understanding of QA process and testing environments.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Quick learner. Ability to quickly learn and comprehend new tools/technologies and incorporate them into new and existing processes
- Bring previous experience and unique perspective
This position is offered at our Austin Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Texas, LLC.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.