13 days ago
Recognized by TIME as one of the Best Inventions of 2020 , Fast Company’s Best App , and covered in the New York Times , Supernatural is a next-generation fitness experience in VR with real coaches, stunning natural environments, music from major record labels, and new workouts released every day. Available now on Oculus Quest and Quest 2.
Developed by a team of passionate world-class experience designers, choreographers, game developers, trainers, and physical fitness experts, Supernatural is a dynamic, immersive experience that is always adapting to your needs, personalized for you - available on-demand in your home.
What you’ll do:
As a Release Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the release lifecycle while ensuring alignment with Supernatural’s priorities and key goals. You will partner with the Engineers, QA Testers, Product Managers, Program Managers, Leadership and stakeholders across the entire Supernatural organization. You will help deliver capabilities across a wide range of technologies, including web, iOS, Android, Unity, Oculus Quest, mixed-reality video capture, Content Management systems. This is an ideal role for someone who has some experience managing releases for multiple products, loves working with people across various disciplines and wants to help people around the world have the time of their lives working out from home.
- Manage the overall release lifecycle across Supernatural’s ecosystem both internally and externally, including Oculus, Google Play and Apple store fronts.
- Support the submission processes and requirements for all third party platforms.
- Own release processes for approved code through development, test, and production environments including generating builds for each platform, submitting QA requests, and go-live activities.
- Plan and facilitate the release schedule considering the complex interrelationship of client apps and services.
- Communicate all key project plans, release dependencies, commitments, and changes including requirements to stakeholders.
- Manage risks that may affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Issue weekly release reporting and communicate key Release Status milestones to stakeholders.
- Partner with stakeholders in Engineering, Project, Product and QA teams to iteratively refine and improve the release lifecycle process in a data-driven, solutions-oriented manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of previous release management experience
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a mix of business and technical colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward release milestones and task completion
- Competency in GSuite, as well as Atlassian’s JIRA and Confluence products
- Familiarity with Github and Bugsnag (or similar products)
- Start-up/entrepreneurial experience
Where you’ll be:
- Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Post COVID, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours: We operate within the Pacific time zone for collaboration
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.