Release Manager, New World
15 days ago
Amazon Games is looking for a talented and driven Release Manager to join the New World team.
In New World, players will fight for survival as they explore and conquer the mysterious island of Aeternum. As a Release Manager on our team, you will work across multiple verticals to help drive and facilitate the release cycles for New World.
In this role you:
· Work closely with our team's leadership and technical leads to determine when to deploy game updates.
· Collaborate with our Quality Assurance team and producers to shepherd new builds through the release process and to our players.
· Constantly be looking for process and organizational improvements that increase efficiency and raise quality.
· Utilize your communication skills to effectively collaborate and influence peers and executives
Key job responsibilities
· Collaborate with Game Producers, Technology Leads and Quality Assurance leads to shepherd new releases through our release management processes and to our players.
· Collaborate with peers to continuously improve our release management processes so they are as efficient as possible and result in high quality releases with minimal emergency updates.
· Generate detailed workflow documentation that articulates how to release a new version of the game to the players. This documentation will allow other release managers, producers and testers to better understand and participate in the release management process.
About the team
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 3+ years experience in game production preferably in a release management role on a live game.
· 3+ years experience in game development with knowledge of common source control workflows and build and deploy systems.
· Experience working with a cross discipline team of artists, designers, animators and engineers.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
· Experience in project management and associated tools for managing development.
· Console experience is preferred.
· Knowledgeable of game industry trends and enjoys playing games.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.