12 days ago
Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. Niantic’s engineering team is seeking a Release Engineer that brings together the SDK which enables developers to craft and publish a new slate of incredible experiences on our real-world geospatial platform.
- Build, maintain and continuously improve an infrastructure for development teams including source code repository, build, integration, release tools and scripts, continuous integration infrastructure, packaging and deployment tools.
- Investigate, recommend, and implement best practices for maintaining code quality, including development of code metrics, code review workflows, code coverage measurement and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools.
- Assist in strategic planning with engineering teams to architect, standardize, and automate high quality builds and releases.
- Communicate with a wide variety of teams to assemble requirements and build collaboration.
- Maintain code base integrity by developing tools, processes, and culture .
- Deep insight into the software development lifecycle for mobile platforms and applications.
- Experience with tools such as GitLab, Maven, Gradle, and Artifactory.
- Experience in setting up CI/CD automation pipelines.
- Languages Java, C#, and scripting languages.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Mobile application development using Unity.
- Cloud platform development (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.