Regulatory Affairs Director
12 days ago
As the Regulatory Affairs Director , you will make sure that Ubisoft anticipates upcoming potential transversal regulation challenges and will collaborate with multiple teams to define Ubisoft’s position on regulatory topics. You will keep up to date on government and industry regulations and rules and coordinate the analysis of the regulations with the different internal stakeholders to determine how they apply to Ubisoft operations and policies.
As part of your mission, you will communicate and build relationships with internal stakeholders, global regulatory institutions, trade associations, voicing Ubisoft’s position, aligning strategy, influencing external partners, and representing Ubisoft’s best interests and values. Furthermore, you will ensure that regulatory policies are communicated and shared with the appropriate teams, so that our procedures and practices comply with appropriate global regulatory requirements. You will provide robust regulatory guidance and recommendations to cross-functional partners and keep up to date a Regulations knowledge Center accessible to all key stakeholders.
Reporting to the Associate VP, Corporate Affairs you will cover territories including but not limited to: Canada, US, UK, Germany, South-East Asia, and will closely collaborate with the teams in charge of regulatory affairs in the other territories.
- Anticipate and identify regulatory opportunities and risks for Ubisoft by collaborating with key internal stakeholders to assess, define and maintain Ubisoft’s position and strategy;
- Work with administration officials, regulators, trade associations and Ubisoft’s internal legal department to analyze, and track regulation and secure bipartisan support;
- Provide appropriate strategic guidance/input related to regulatory requirements and expectations;
- Create coalitions with industry and trade associations to advocate for favourable regulatory policies;
- Foster and solidify credible, professional relationships with regulators and other members of the administration;
- Collaborate with Ubisoft Communications, Legal and Corporate Affairs teams, to formulate talking points and incorporate communications strategy into Ubisoft advocacy initiatives;
- Communicate with Ubisoft members, organizes committee and internal working group activities, and responds to member company inquiries;
- Act as one of the references for all regulatory topics and develop a Knowledge Center that will centralize our various positions, strategies and approaches.
- Extensive experience in public policy or regulatory advocacy;
- Experience working with trade associations;
- An open-minded and creative approach to regulatory advocacy, with coalition-building skills to leverage like-minded organizations and situational allies;
- The ability to work directly with Ubisoft members, with excellent organizational, interpersonal skills;
- A strong work ethic and cheerful customer-service attitude in order to thrive in our fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French with the proven ability to influence others positively.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.