Regular / Senior SCALA DEVELOPER
9 days ago
You will be part of a backend team which develops solutions for one of our games and is responsible for them end-to-end. Together with game designers and product owners you will discuss, set priorities and decide about new features. All technology choices are available at your disposal, as long as they work and have been consulted with other team members.
Most of our services are implemented in Scala with heavy focus on functional programming. We deploy them to Kubernetes. We use Kafka as event streaming platform.
More about our technology:
- has broad general technical knowledge — and knows specific subjects in depth
- has experience leading architecture of a large system,
- is focused on team and company goals and their effective delivery,
- feels accountable for the team performance,
- builds trust by showing and admitting their vulnerabilities,
- debates productively within the whole company,
- is able to listen and react constructively to ideas from less experienced people,
- shares team’s failures openly and constructively,
- leads by example in both technical and organisational domains,
- reacts with pragmatism and positivity in the face of challenging situations,
- is great at sharing information,
- seeks and is able to give and receive feedback, especially negative one.
- Using Scala in production (at least 3 years)
- Microservice architectures
- Using functional programming
- Typelevel ecosystem, Kafka,
RESPONSIBILITIES AT THIS POSITION
- Developing, maintaining and testing game and data services
- Developing infrastructure
- Automating things
- Developing efficient team process
- Discussing technology and architecture choices with the team
- Having direct impact on the product
- Teaching & mentoring others
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Leader's support - Ask for help, give and get feedback, set up goals and develop your skills.
- Knowledge sharing - Employee development is key for us!
- Fast-paced career - Professional growth opportunities, supported by a performance review process
- Devices - You will have the proper resources you need for your work
- Beautiful office - Ingenious office space with plenty of room, located in KPT
- Flexible hours - Whether you are an early bird or late owl - we get you covered.
- Growth budget - Let us know if you need any book or other materials that will help you grow
- Remote work - We don't force you to work in our office - you can work from home as well.
- Open kitchen - Coffee, juices, fruits, fully stocked fridge and more - come and see ;)
- Sport - We regularly play together and you are invited as well!
- Team gatherings - Take part in events with pizza, games, snacks with a good company.
- Stock option plan - We would like to share our success with you and take part in our ESOP plan.
- Conferences, for example: GDC, DD, GIC.