This job might no longer be available.
(Regular/Senior) Environment Artist (m/f/d)
25 days ago
For more than 15 years at FISHLABS we have been creating award-winning, chart-topping games that have been brought to life on millions of screens. At our core, we are a Studio for gamers, by gamers, and a reference in developing premium games with deep and engaging experiences across platforms.
As part of PLAION and alongside our Deep Silver sister studios across the globe, we create stunning immersive experiences that inspire millions of players worldwide.
We are looking to continue building on our success with humble but talented and creative people who have a passion for making outstanding games and want to be at the forefront of gaming.
Are you ready for the challenge? Join us! This is going to be a thrilling ride.
Fishlabs is currently seeking an Environment Artist to join our close-knit team to help us create an immersive stylized world. Reporting to the Lead 3D Artist, the role offers the chance to work closely with our experienced art team and take ownership of vital parts of the project. We are looking for someone who fits well with our team and can constructively collaborate to drive large areas of the environments in the game to deliver a stunning next-gen stylized experience.
- Own and deliver large areas of the game environment.
- Create high quality stylized assets.
- Ensure visual consistency by understanding and matching the project art direction.
- Ensure that the environments created comply with game metrics to enhance the gameplay experience and create the least frustration for the player.
- Work closely with the Technical Art department to maintain performance.
- Help to encourage an inclusive team environment to maintain a positive workplace based on trust and respect.
- 3+ years professional experience in a similar position.
- Strong aptitude and knowledge of modern art asset production pipelines.
- Multiple years of experience with Maya and Unreal Engine.
- Solid understanding of composition that informs gameplay.
- Comfortable working with stylized art.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Be highly organized and adherent to processes.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and resolve problems and conflicts.
- Self-driven, collaborative spirit and positive attitude.
- Timezone +/-3 CEST.
- Strong art fundamentals (form, color, composition).
- A passion for video games.
We are just as passionate about our games as we are about their creators (Could that be you?!). Your job comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly - A motivated, international team full of fellow gamers.
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Get In Touch!
Did we spark your interest? We are looking forward to your application. Simply click on the button below and apply by uploading your CV.
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . An application via our online tool is preferred.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.