Talent Acquisition Manager
11 days ago
Carry1st is the leading publisher of social games and interactive content in Africa. We work with studios across the globe - from Addis Ababa to Sofia to New York City - to level up their games and scale in dynamic, frontier markets. In addition to our full-stack publishing service, we’ve built a proprietary payments and ecommerce experience which allows customers to pay for digital content, even when they don’t have a credit card.
As Talent Acquisition Manager you’ll be responsible for scaling and executing our hiring strategy as we grow the business, building high performing teams to meet our ambitious targets. You will work closely with business leaders and the People team to attract, interview and hire the best talent across the globe. You will also be responsible for sourcing and maintaining relationships with external recruiters, leveraging your network to source top international talent.
- Set and execute the recruitment strategy, implementing best practice methods to scale
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand their team's people needs
- Deliver a best-in-class candidate experience, ensuring candidates are set-up for success
- Manage and maintain relationships with external recruitment agencies and key universities
- Recommend and implement ways to improve our employer brand
What makes you a great candidate?
- 3+ years technical recruiting and sourcing experience in an in-house environment
- Experience partnering with senior level managers, interviewers and team members
- Consultative and results orientated approach
- Exceptional organisational skills, highly effective at time management and setting priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced and ever evolving environment
- Bonus: experience in gaming or B2C tech companies
What will we offer you?
- An opportunity to work in a fast-growing company leading in a frontier market
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world
- An incredible amount of autonomy and flexibility
- Equity ownership
Some additional perks you’ll get access to…
- Co-working excursions and retreats: Our teams are encouraged to work from a shared location and visit each other. Carry1st will cover travel expenses, accommodation, and provide you with a daily spending allowance
- Awesome Equipment: To set our teammates up for success we make sure you’ve got everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: An allowance that you can put towards creating your own office space, whether it’s internet expenses, ad-hoc equipment, or using a co-working space
- Birthday Leave: Our teammates enjoy a paid day off on their special day
- Learning and Development: Access to a Professional Development Fund to enable teammates to attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Although we’ve specified a location that could work well for this role, it’s not essential to be based there. Carry1st is a remote first company, and our teammates have the ability to work from anywhere in the world – in fact, we currently have people in over 19 different countries! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Learn more about Carry1st…
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Forbes announced that Andreessen Horowitz led Carry1st’s $20M Series A Extension
- The Hollywood Reporter announced that Nas and Google joined Carry1st’s $20M round
- PocketGamer.Biz announced that Carry1st raised $20 million to create the “Garena of Africa”