15 days ago
In this volunteer position you will be assisting with team recruitment and introductory interviews for the Epoch Games Development Team. To go into more detail:
- Reviewing applicants through our open positions on our Job Aggregator websites, and seeking out other such sites to post job ads: SmartRecruiters, LinkedIn and other Job Aggregator and recruitment websites
- Assisting with introductory interviews through Skype (no webcam or microphone: all of our interviews, and team communication for that matter, do not require either)
- Advertising for positions to third-party communities (for the purposes of recruitment). In particular, Reddit and Discord Communities.
- If able, you may also assist with advertising our game via Social Media (although this is a job more for our Community Manager)
Communication is key to this job title: you must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other team members as well as the public community for our game. You also should not be afraid to ask any questions should any problems arise. We are an English-speaking team, so English fluency is an absolute must.
If you are comfortable with teaching, you may be called upon to aid the more junior members of the team in any relevant area.
Other duties include: attending Slack meetings (Slack is an instant messaging we communicate with); completing monthly reports; and following team policies.
At this time, Epoch Games is a Volunteer Spare-Time Development Team. That means we are offering no up-front pay at this time, but only expect spare-time hours from our Developers. We will be offering Revenue Share and Stock Options once revenue becomes generated from Grants, Releases and Donations.
- Previous experience with job recruitment and interviewing, include using Job Aggregator tools
- Fluent English Writing and Speaking skills
- Online communication and Team-collaboration skills
- Previous experience with SmartRecruiters and LinkedIn.
- Previous experience with public relations and community management
- Previous experience with social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Discord and Reddit
- Webcam and Microphone (for Video Interviews)
Epoch Games is a volunteer-based, all-online, global game development team. We have no centrally-located headquarters and are unincorporated at this time. Most of the original founding members were modders developing the total conversion Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP) mod for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Currently Epoch Games is developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). LoA:SO is an in-development indie open-world RPG set in an original fantasy world. The game is being developed using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 (UE4):
For more information about the game, please check out our IndieDb page:
NOTE: The address listed is N/A. We are a fully-online team with no central headquarters at this time. Communication is mostly done via Slack (an instant messaging application) and Trello (an online project collaboration tool).