Burnaby, British Columbia
5 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , or unleash your creativity on original IP. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. We are a co-developer on Halo Infinite , work on projects in the Minecraft universe, and also make original cinematic platformer, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 140 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Are you interested in technology or gaming? Do people describe you as customer-service oriented? As the first point of contact at SkyBox Labs, our receptionist is proud to represent a independent, game development studio. Being part of a dynamic team, this role will handle a variety of reception, administrative, and coordination responsibilities. We believe it takes a village to make great games!
- Create a positive experience as first point of contact for all incoming communication
- Take a proactive approach to managing security protocol for a private and secure studio
- Make decisions on handling incoming requests; escalating when needed
- Build and manage relationships with vendors such as food and drink deliveries
- Take ownership over all catering needs within the studio, organizing unique and fun meals for studio lunches
- Own special projects related to administrative or coordination tasks related to the ongoing operations of a successful games studio!
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop business relationships
- Customer-service oriented personality, with an intrinsic interest in helping others
- 6+ months work experience in reception or justifiable alternative experience
- Proactive and self-motivated to drive results
- Effective use of MS Office suite
- post-secondary education
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 140+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.