This job might no longer be available.
9 days ago
We are looking for a proactive and responsible Receptionist to be the first point of contact for guests and employees at our Edinburgh studio. The role will also offer administrative support for the studio and the HR, Finance, Admin and Recruitment teams, executing various tasks and errands across the whole organisation.
The Receptionist position, reporting to the Business Support Manager, is a vital role at Build A Rocket Boy. To be successful, you should be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment and have a positive and friendly personality, as this role is also a customer service role.
Ultimately, the Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, supports employees with tasks and executes everything to the highest quality. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations.
Above all, you should be someone who loves communicating, being organised and helping people.
- Sign in visitors and vendors, issuing non-disclosure agreements when requested.
- Assist in booking meeting rooms and catering where needed.
- Provide support to HR, Finance, Admin and Recruitment teams as and when required.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges).
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Run errands, make purchases or other similar tasks when requested.
- Help keep studio clean, common areas & kitchens tidy and various sundries fully stocked.
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Update calendars and schedule meetings.
- Arrange travel and accommodation.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as photocopying, transcribing, filing, record keeping, shredding, etc.
- Organise monthly get-to-togethers and milestone parties (when the studio returns to the office large scale).
- Coordinate and send out merchandise packs for new starts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Office Assistant, Administrator, or similar customer service role.
- Computer literate and proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. scanners and printers).
- Have a professional and positive can-do attitude and be comfortable interacting at all levels of the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable when issues arise.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.